BGI’s Running Tool is designed to prevent accidental setting even if tight spots are encountered while running in the well. The running tool and lock will not separate until the locking dogs on the locking mandrel are fully expanded into the nipple locking profile. If this does occur, the running tool will not release and will bring the lock back out of the well when retrieving the running tool. Once the lock sets inside the nipple, the running tool dogs retract and release the fishing neck. The running tool returns the surface after shearing the pin in the extension probe leaving the lock securely in the seating nipple. BGI’s running tool is fully compatible with Baker’s Model “AF” locks.
- Minimal running and retrieving tools requirement
- Several lock sizes can be run with same running tool.
- Running tool is in accordance with accepted wireline procedures.
- Tell-tale ring provides positive indication of successful lock setting
- Running tool simply constructed–no collets, springs, or plunger to move up or down to manipulate lock into a locating position.